Sunday, October 4, 2009

Second dish

hmmm.....maybe we just don't like french cooking?

I made the scallop dish tonight--Coquilles St. Jacques a la Parisienne on pages 216-217. Again, it was just OK. Nothing really special about it. It was incredibly creamy and rich, but the flavors were really mellow and not that impressive. I do believe I followed the recipe quite closely. It was a f*ck of a lot of work. Three different sauce pans....a couple of bowls just to hold stuff until I was ready to work it into the recipe. I think it took me over an hour from start to finish. Not including clean up. And then we weren't really that impressed.

It was good, but not fantastic. Definitely not worth the effort and expensive/fattening ingredients. Maybe it would have more flavor with shrimp instead of scallops...might have to try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment